Sunday 5 January 2014

My Bank Interview Experience...

                                                     MY IBPS PO INTERVIEW

        Though it is civil services aspirants blog I'm posting this, because it may help us for our interview part... if you are interested go through once...

I was done with my interview yesterday…on 5th jan 2014
it may be useful for who are going to attend  IBPS PO interview...

        My interview was started at 4:45 pm in the evening…
There were 4 gentlemen in the panel, so cooperative…
Among them 1 member never asked any question he just simply watched me throughout the interview.
I'm using m1 for all members here.... pls bear with me....

Member 1(M1): ok Mr. Kiran; tell us about u and Ur family and education?
I answered ….
M1: where are u from?
         I said I’m from Chinnagottigallu mandal of Chittoor district in Andhra Pradesh.
M1: who is the richest god in the world?
         I said lord Balaji.
M1: who is the richest god in India?
         I said as lord Balaji is richest god in the world automatically he will become richest in India. Everybody        realized and laughed.
M1: tell me what do u know about bank?
          Bank is a financial institution which accepts deposits from public and lends to public who are in need of cash and also in investment.
M1: which is the LEAD bank of district?
         I said I don’t know sir. (Every district have one bank as the lead bank. (for Chittoor dt. it is Indian bank )) M1: which is the principle bank of village?
         I said Andhra bank
M1: what are the other banks in your locality?
         District cooperative bank and corporation bank.
M1: what are differences between Loksabha and rajya sabha? 
         I said Rajya sabha is a permanent but Loksabha is not permanent. 2/3rd s of Members of              rajyasabha will retire every two years and new members will be elected. Loksabha will be                disqualified after 5 years. Tenure of rajya sabha members is 6 years and Loksabha is 5.                   Presiding officer of the rajyasabha is the chairman who is the vice president of India and                  presiding officer of the Loksabha is speaker
(With this answer he was very much satisfied) 
 M1: prime minister from which sabha?
          I said he can be from any house. Even one who is not member of both the houses can also               be  PM but he should become Member of Parliament within six months. If he is not able to               become to MPwith in six months he should resign. 
M1: what are the boundaries of your district (i.e., Chittoor)?
          I said… North: kadapa; south: tamilnadu; east: Nellore and in west: anantapur
 M1: what are the boundaries of Andhra Pradesh?
          I said… North: Maharashtra Chhattisgarh and Odishha; south: tamilnadu; east: bay of Bengal and in west: Karnataka.
 M1: who is the chairman of SBI?
          Mrs. Arundati Bhattacharya.
 M1: what is special about her?
          I said she is the first woman chairman of SBI.
 M1: three nationalized banks are having women as their chairmen.  Can u name those banks and chairmen?           I said I don’t know sir
 M1: what is the name of the university in kuppam ( a place in Chittoor dt in AP)?
          It is Dravida university.
 M1: what is NABARD?
          I said national bank for agriculture and rural development in India.
 M1: what is NGO?
          I said… NGO is a Non Governmental Organization which gets funds and do developmental activities in certain fields and in certain areas.
 M1: which is the largest NGO in ur district?
          i said ROSS and he furthur asked me for abbrivation but i said i don't know sir.
 M1: How NGOs will get the funds?
          I said sir, through donations, from NABARD and state and central governments.
 M1: what is CBS?
          I said Core Banking Services.
 M1: And how it is useful to customers?
          I said I don’t know sir.( i know the answer very well but forgot there)
 M1: what are the agricultural projects that were proposed and implemented at the time of Chandrababu Naidu Govt.? \(Former CM of AP)
          I said names of some irrigation projects but he stopped me in the middle and told me about the Israel Project.

and some more questions from general studies ... (i forgot them.)

Then they said Ok Mr. kiran u may leave now…
 But one member keeps on asking some questions related to my father’s occupation in TELUGU (my mother tongue about my locality and district and some personal and funny things...) ( i think he might be from chittoor district as well..)and other… i thanked them and came out of the interview room...

Please give me some suggestions if any so that i can improve in my forthcoming interviews. 
Also please rate me on scale of 1 to 10.

thankyou...

9 comments:

  1. next time i will come with my IB (Intellegence Bureau) interview after pongal.... please dont forget to rate me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good experience for your ensuing civils interview. When certain query is asked try to give a detailed reply. Giving one word or very small answer will make us to face more number of queries. While giving reply, we have to take them to area or topic where we are comfortable. Generally queries are asked from our background- name, area, educational qualifications and subjects etc, our hobbies etc. You have nicely answered. I rate you around 5.5 in the scale of 10. The reasons for the score is
      1. You answered the reasonably well
      2. Appears from your posting that there was no bluffing which you didn't know. Nothing wrong in saying, I dont know sir
      3. For the query on difference btn LS and RS, you could have better answered. The answer would have been----
      LS is a popular chamber where the members are directly elected by the people where as RS is a federal chamber, elected indirectly by the elected representatives of the states by single transferable vote. The council of Ministers are accountable to the LS where as no such issue there for RS. By its numerical superiority, the will of the LS generally prevails any matter of dispute between the two and the money bills are introduced in LS only. And generally the PM comes from LS though there is no bar that a member of RS cannot become PM and so on.

      We have to say the most important differences first and then go to less imp issues.

      Delete
    2. This is general guidance on inteviews
      1. Present yourself nicely. Wear comfortable clothing and avoid dark colours
      2. Try to stay pleasant throughout the interview and be attentive. Dont lean too much back to the chair and so also front
      3. Hand movement required to be very moderate or rest on the sides of the chair
      4. While answering to some member, if some other intervenes and ask something, take leave from the previous member to whom you were answering and then turn to the other member.
      5. While answering keep looking at all the members though the main focus would be on the member who asked the query. Maintain eye to eye contact in a nice way.
      6. As I have told, try to give little big answers but only relevant material. Single world answers may be avoided.
      7. If you dont know the answer, say politely that you wont know the answer. Some expressions would be---- Sorry sir, I am not able to recollect now. Sorry sir, I dont know etc.
      8. Never use words or topics which you are not aware of, as members generate questions from your answers though they may have their set of own questions.
      9. Be audible and clear in language. It means clarity in speaking.
      As we have discussed keep preparing for interview from day one. Best of luck and God bless you.

      Delete
    3. nice information and much helpful sir...

      Delete
  2. hi all..how do we post here?? or like upload a file??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I have sent a request to ur mail long back..plz have a look .
      plz click on the link in ur mail, dn directly u will be added as an author like others.

      Thnq
      KISHORE KUMAR(admin)

      Delete
  3. thank you very much sir.... for your valuable information and suggestions.....

    ReplyDelete